Are you planning to own a dog? Wondering which dog breed would be the right choice for you and your family. In this article, we will help you to clear all your doubts and choose your best friend right away.
Dogs are known for their loyalty, affection, and companionship with humans. No wonder they are referred to as best friend of humans. Researchers have also claimed that Dog’s presence can reduce anxiety.
But all Dogs differ from each other depending on shape, size, energy level, color, etc. They come in all sizes ranging from smallest breed Yorkshire terrier to largest breed Saint Bernard and tallest breed Great Dane.
Hence, before owning a dog you need to think about which dog breed is right for you. Broadly the factors you need to consider are as follows…
Are you an Athletic person and are looking for your running partner? Or a bookworm looking for someone lazy cuddling on your lap?
Dogs out there come with different energy levels. Dog breed like Golden Retriever, Beagle, Labrador retriever are playful and protective while Pugs, bulldogs love their owner’s lap particularly.
How much time can you devote to your dog’s care? Some breed requires extra care and grooming while some require very little. Some need highly nutritious meals while some will eat more frequently.
All dogs have different temperaments. Their personality trait distinguishing them from others. Some are more playful and energetic while some are more calm and simple. Some can be more affectionate while some can be shy.
Think for a while and think about these and this may help you to find the perfect dog breed for you.
How to Choose the Perfect Dog Breed Just for You
Now let us introduce you to these best cuties we have selected for you…
The Best 5 Dog Breeds
Are you looking for a kid-friendly family dog? Then this dog breed might be the right choice for you.
Beagles are sweet-tempered, fun-loving, and playful dogs. These little cuties set to explore their world and extremely curious type. They have all qualities that make them a perfect family dog.
They come in medium to small size; can weigh up to 10-15 kg. They come in Brown, white and chocolate, lemon and white, etc colors.
Why should you own a Beagle?
– They are extremely easy-going dogs and will blend in with your family easily.
– They are easy to take care and groom. They don’t shed fur regularly.
– They have a strong sense of smell.
– They are quite energetic and require a lot of exercise.
– They are extremely cute as a hotdog.
– They love their food and tend to overeat.
– The only problem with this dog breed is that they hate being alone and may howl nonstop.
Are you a Bookworm looking for a lazy cutie cuddling on your lap?
Once known as “Vodafone Dog” because of Vodafone ad comes next in our list. This dog’s innocent eyes and wrinkle-full face can melt anyone’s heart.
They are baby-like small dogs often of 10-13 inches and weigh around 5-16 kgs. They come in three colors: silver, apricot-fawn with black masks, or whole black. Lifespan of Pug is 12- 15 years.
Why should you own a Pug?
– This small baby-sized dog breed is ideal for Apartment dwellers and also for small houses.
– They are even-tempered, charming, and mischievous.
– This innocent dog breed is perfect for a family with small children.
– They don’t shed fur and require simple care like regular nail trims.
– They love their owners and especially their laps; they like to sleep on their owner’s lap.
– Their only motive is to be near their owner and tries to please them and follow them around.
– They are a good option for a first-time pet owner.
– They can eat homemade as well as store food. But care should be taken as they often overeat.
Do you need a fierce protector for your home but also affectionate to you? Then this Dog is the answer for you.
Rottweiler known for its strength, courage, and intelligence can make up a good watchdog.
The Rottweiler is 24-26 inches and weighs around 40-50 kg. They come in 4 color options- black, brown, tan, and mahogany. The lifespan of this dog is around 8 to 10 years.
Why should you own Rottweiler?
– They have good steady nature, intelligent, and loyal.
– They require regular brushing and care to remove dead hair.
– They require a diet rich in protein.
– They need daily physical activity and require lots of exercise.
– They don’t behave friendly towards strangers.
– Training of them should begin from puppyhood.
- Golden Retriever
These medium-sized dogs are known for their intelligence, good looks, and loyalty. And if you are looking for a good watch-dog or a guide dog then this breed is the perfect choice for you. This will also be good for you and your family.
Their heights range from 21 to 24 inches and could weigh around 25-35 kgs. They come in gold and cream color. And lifespan is about 10-15 years.
Why should you own Golden Retriever?
– This breed is gentle, smart, and enthusiastic.
– They make incredible service and comfort dogs because of their friendly temperament.
– They are extremely energetic and active and require daily exercise.
– They are easy to train and are always eager to please their owner.
– The problems with these breeds are that they require regular care and grooming; they shed hairs and also consume good quality food.
- Labrador retriever
Ok, this one is a kind of all-in-one package- a great service dog, a playful companion, and a good exercise buddy. Yes and also best for Indian Climate. Labrador retrievers are smart, loving, and a perfect family dog.
They come in 22-24 inches size, weigh about 65-80 kgs, and comes in different colors like black, brown, golden, yellow, chocolate. The lifespan of this breed is 10-12 years.
Why should you own a Labrador retriever?
– This dog is affectionate, intelligent, friendly, and playful.
– They are perfect for an active family. They can do every outdoor activity from swimming to playing with you.
– They are extremely gentle and easy to train.
– They don’t require a lot of care and have low maintenance costs.
– They are well behaved and don’t bark unnecessarily on your neighbors and other dogs.
– They are known to be affectionate for the whole family and can become a good companion for you.